Looking for ways to deepen your faith during the week? Check out these daily devotional options.
Revised Common Lectionary Daily Readings
The Revised Common Lectionary is a three-year cycle of readings appointed for use in worship and in the home. We are currently in Year C, the year in which the gospel readings generally focus on Luke. The daily readings for Monday through Wednesday reflect on the previous Sunday’s lessons, while the readings for Thursday through Saturday look forward to the coming Sunday’s lessons. Lesser festivals, commemorations, and other occasions may also have their own appointed readings, which are listed below when applicable. Please find the daily readings below:
- Sunday, January 8, 2023: Baptism of the Lord
- Monday, January 9, 2023: Psalm 89:5-37; Genesis 35:1-15; Acts 10:44-48
- Tuesday, January 10, 2023: Psalm 89:5-37; Jeremiah 1:4-10; Acts 8:4-13
- Wednesday, January 11, 2023: Psalm 89:5-37; Isaiah 51:1-16; Matthew 12:15-21
- Thursday, January 12, 2023: Psalm 40:1-11; Isaiah 22:15-25; Galatians 1:6-12
- Friday, January 13, 2023: Psalm 40:1-11; Genesis 27:30-38; Acts 1:1-5
- Saturday, January 14, 2023: Psalm 40:1-11; 1 Kings 19:19-21; Luke 5:1-11
The daily lectionary readings can be easily found by using the “DailyLectio” app, available in the Google Play and Apple stores on your mobile device.
Produced by a Jesuit (Roman Catholic) group from the United Kingdom, Pray-as-you-go is a podcast consisting of music, scripture, and questions for reflection. New podcasts are posted every weekday and once each weekend. Just click the link above and then click on today’s date; if you’d like, you can download a week’s worth of entries at a time and listen to them at your leisure. A great way to start or end your day.
Print Devotions at St. Paul’s
Throughout the year, St. Paul’s makes a number of free devotional resources available in print to anyone who would like them. They are generally located in the racks in the ramp entryway. Please feel free to take one for yourself or for a friend.