Please join us as we welcome the newest members of St. Paul’s Ev. Lutheran, Kase Thomas Schawang and Cabe Ryan Peña Marquez, into the body of Christ. Kase’s parents are Korey and Alysia Schawang. Cabe’s parents are Alysia Schawang and Randy Marquez and stepfather Korey Schawang. Please keep Kase, Cabe, and their family in your prayers!
This year’s NE Synod Youth Mission Trip participants are Chelsae Campbell, Shane Campbell, Ryan Chab, Lindsey Duerfeldt, Brady Lotter, Dayton Mellage, and Dylan Sutton , along with adult sponsors Stacey Duerfeldt, Mark Gill, and Pastor Andrew. We invite you to pray for all those affected by the storm, as well as all of us who are traveling to serve our neighbors in the NY/NJ area.
- TODAY! St. Paul’s Pool Party from 8-10pm // Hot Dogs, Chips, & Drink Provided. // FREE Community-wide event! ~ FC Aquatic Center // Join the fun and fellowship! Invite family & friends!
- The Festival of Tables // July 19 // Tickets are $8 ea. // For table reservations or to donate a salad or items for the Silent Auction, please contact Carol Bierman, Ann Smith, Marilyn McKinsey.
- No 4:30 communion Worship // Sat., July 19 // Pastor away on youth mission trip.
- July 20 from 5-7pm at St. James Lutheran Church, Humboldt, NE — 1/4 mile west of Hiway 105 & Junction 62. Freewill donation with proceeds to help start the NE Synod Campus Ministry at Peru State College and the roof project. Come enjoy a variety of homemade ice creams, sandwiches, chips, cakes, cookies and pies.
- The family of Ruth Balke are having a Card Shower to help celebrate Ruth’s 80th birthday which will be on July 20. You may send cards and birthday wishes to her at 2223 Fulton St. Apt. #1, Falls City, NE 68355.
Ways to Serve
- Volunteers Needed! // Thurs. July 17 @ 7pm // Help is needed to set up the tables for the Festival of Tables. // Many hands make light work!
- Needed– Salads and Silent Auction Items For Festival of Tables on July 19 // Sign-up sheets are at the entryways. Auction items can be placed in the large north Sunday School room or kitchenette starting July 10th. Salads maybe brought to the basement kitchen starting Friday, July 18. Thank you for your support of this event.
- Summer Food Service Program // M—F @ 12noon // Youth 18 & under eat FREE!
- Special Music for the Summer! // Contact Tony Rieschick or Pastor to volunteer.
- Extreme Coupons // Please bring CLIPPED coupons (current & expired) to send to our US troops overseas.// A collection box is located on the INFO Table in the Upper Room.
- Prayer Shawls Needed to be taken to the 9th Annual Triennial Gathering in Charlotte, NC—July 24-27. // Instructions on the INFO Table– Upper Room or contact Carol Bierman.
- Thank you to all the volunteers who helped with “Home-Delivered-Meals” the first 2 weeks of July! // Reminder– Volunteers are welcome throughout the year for this community service.
- Thank you for your support!// The Katie Café Group collected over $127 and numerous items during the month of June for their SENCA Baby Shower.// The monetary donations will be used by the Food Pantry to purchase items as they are needed. // Blessings!
For Your Information
July 18 (afternoon) to July 25 // Pastor Andrew will be on the NE Synod Youth Mission Trip. For pastoral care or emergencies please contact:
- Fri. July 18– Mon. July 21 ~ Fr. Larry Parrish (St. Thomas Episcopal) at 402-245-2868 (W), 402-245-3235 (H), or 402-801-0411 (C).
- Tues. July 22– Fri. July 25 ~ Pr. John Sipf (St. Peter’s and St. Mark’s) at 402-883-2513 and 402-801-0627 (C).
You may also contact Kyle Kirkendall (Council President) at 402-883-7629.